The ‘Award Honorary Title’ button allows you to bestow non-landed titles on your courtiers and vassals, which in turn modifies their opinion of you, generally for the better. Honorary Titles can only be granted to people in your court, and only to adults.
Kings and the Holy Roman Emperor
As a King or Holy Roman Emperor, you have many titles to choose from:
- Court Jester – Gives -10 Court Jester opinion penalty.
- Keeper of the Swans – Gives you a +10 Keeper of the Swans opinion bonus with the recipient.
- Master of the Horse – Gives a +10 Master of the Horse opinion bonus with the recipient.
- Master of the Hunt – Gives +10 Master of the Hunt opinion bonus to the recipient.
- High Almoner – Gives +10 High Almoner opinion bonus to the recipient.
- Cupbearer – Gives +15 Cupbearer opinion bonus to the recipient.
- Seneschal – Gives +15 Seneschal opinion bonus to the recipient.
Dukes and Counts
Dukes and Counts have access to a subset of the titles available to Kings.
- Master of the Horse
- Master of the Hunt
- High Almoner
The Byzantine Emperor is a special case, and has several unique honorary titles to work with.
- Court Jester (Same as for Catholics)
- Despot – Gives +25 Despot opinion bonus to recipient. Recipient must be a close relative.
- Sebastokrator – Gives +20 Sebastokrator opinion bonus to the recipient. Recipient must be a close relative.
- Caesar – Gives +15 Caesar opinion bonus to the recipient.
- Kouropalates – Gives +15 Kouropalatesopinion bonus to recipient.
- Anthypatos – Gives +10 Anthypatos opinion bonus to recipient. Unlike all other honorary titles, this title can be awarded to up to four different characters.